Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Honesty and Joy of Kids

It was a great joy to work with the kids last night at church.  I love how honest a kid is with you.  They just tell you what is on their minds. "That pizza looks funny."  "This is hard."  "This is boring."  Do you want to sing one more song? "NO!"  It is pretty simple to know how a kids is doing or what they are thinking - just ask.  I have the opposite approach to life.  I tend to hide my emotions and my feelings.  To try and display my strength by being totally under control.
Kids are full of joy!  They can take the simplest game and make it the best time ever.  "Let's play tag.  Your it."  Then the laughter and the joy is displayed.  I have been trying to look for and enjoy the simple joys of life lately.  Still working on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...