Thursday, March 8, 2012

Confession Time

I had a difficult time preaching last Sunday.  My heart was broken for a certain unspoken prayer request for a friend.  It was on my list of things I prayed about during the 21 day fast.  I was hoping and believing things would turn around.  Hoping and believing that God was going to move like I wanted Him to move.  But the situation has not changed and my heart is hurting because a friend is hurting.

I was rather frustrated and the sermon from Mark 5 - just touching the tassel of Jesus robe and there is healing.  This seemed so harsh to me.  Why do some receive healing and some remain to suffer?  Why does it seem when some people reach out to God they seem to receive nothing?  In my frustration of the situation I turned my frustration to God.

And God in His great compassion and patience with me - doesn't strike me down! "like I probably deserve for being so stubborn and accusing God of such indifference "  Instead He sternly asks me, "Where were you when I formed the world?"  "Do you really trust me that I am at work even when it looks like I am not?"  That was all he needed to say, as I cried out for grace for my stubborn and untrustworthy heart.  I am so grateful for a God who is willing to discipline me because He loves me.

Pray for me as I pray for you to learn obedience to the will of the Father and to trust Him with all our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...