Monday, December 10, 2012

Dreams and Visions

God is trying to restore in me and belief in His ability to communicate to me and others through dreams and visions.  I think I have thought that vision and dreams where so illogical, I just didn't have a place to put them in my well designed and organized theology.  There was just too much room for false information and false interpretation.
But the reality is that the Christmas story is so reliant on Joseph's dream and realization that he must keep going with his relationship with Mary.  God communicated with Joseph something that was so illogical and so  against the normal way of thinking.  And the Matthew records that Joseph got up and was obedient to what he was told in his dream.
The reality is that Christmas and God are full of mystery!  You can't just logically explain the incarnation. No matter what words you use and how detailed the explanation that Jesus was fully God and fully man; it is still a mystery!
I wonder sometimes how much of God's communication I miss because I fail to take into account my dreams and the reality that God may be trying to communicate with me through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...