Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Deep Rooted Faith

Ephesians 3:17b Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong! 
What are your strengths?  What are you good at?  Do we naturally answer those questions with our own personal strengths?  I am a good friend!  I am a good listener.  I can rope a horse.  I can ride a skateboard.  I can roof a house.  I can balance a checkbook.  
What if we started thinking about the reality that our greatest strength is our connection to God.  And in fact the more deeply I am connected to Him the stronger I become.  Just like a tree - the deeper my root system is the more tree can withstand the hardships of the environment.  

2 Corinthians 5:14 Christ love controls us!  Some versions of the Bible say Christ love compels us!  Somehow we need to get the concept that God's love must be the foundation of our lives and when it is it will cause us to act in love.  It will control us or compel us into action.  When we experience the deep love of Christ it will impact us and impact the way that we live, move and our very being!

How do we grow deep roots?  Spend time with the only one who can help us grow - Christ!  Let Him mentor us and mold us!  When you pray take time to listen to His voice in response to your words!  

1 comment:

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...