Monday, March 28, 2016

Cast Your Cares on Him

It didn't take long for the enemy to attach me and put my sermon to the test from this past Sunday. The message was based on 1 Peter 5;7 when we are told we can cast all our anxiety on Jesus!  At 5am  Monday morning I woke up and my mind was immediately racing about Sunday morning.  My sermon was terrible, the communication cards didn't get printed right, it was a total failure and I am a failure!  In that moment I had a perfect opportunity to put the message into practice - I prayed, God I cast all these worries on you!  If nothing else on Sunday morning - God's Word went out and it will make an impact!

We must realize that our patterns of thinking may take a long time to change, but our reaction to these thoughts can change quickly and we can give all of these concerning thoughts to God!  We might want to not have these types of thoughts, but we don't always control that, but we can control our reaction and cry out to God for help!

Praise God for Monday mornings because we have opportunity to live out our Sunday faith!

1 comment:

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...