Thursday, April 28, 2016

Bono and Eugene Peterson

If you know me - you know I am a big fan of the band U2.  I have been listening to them since 1985 or so.  A friend of mine posted this video with Bono and Eugene Peterson who translated the Bible called The Message.  This is a link to a short movie about their meeting.

In the movie, Bono says something like this:  The psalmist is brutally honest... why isn't church music more like that?  I am talking dishonesty that I find in Christian art and I think it is a shame.  Because these are people who are valuable to God in a good way.  I would love it if this conversation would inspire people who are writing these beautiful voices and beautiful Gospel song to write songs about their bad marriage.  Write a song about how they are pissed off at the government because that's what God wants from you, the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l40S5e90KY


No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...