Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2018 Fast - Power

Ephesians 3:16-19
I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Strength and power are the keys to these verses from Paul's heart to the church.  Did you notice?  
1. God will empower us
2. Inner strength
3. Roots will grow
4. Power to understand God's love
5. Experience the love
6. Fullness of power from God

I often feel weak and limited.  In those times I need to remind myself that when I am weak, God is strong!  He can display His strength and love in me when I am weak.  

I often struggle to trust in God's power instead of doing things in my own ability.  God has blessed us with many gifts and so I am not saying we can't trust ourselves or believe in ourselves, but we must do things through prayer and asking God for empowerment.  When I get in trouble is when I end up telling God I can do this without Him by not doing my work with prayer and relying on the Holy Spirit to work beyond my abilities.  

God has all the power we need!  He wants to empower us with inner strength, growth and love!  Will we seek His power today?   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...