Friday, November 11, 2011

Talking On and On

I was speaking at the SEK Juvenile Detention Center yesterday to a group of students - I guess they define captive audience - ha - and they were asking good questions and I was trying my best to have good answers - when I felt a hand on my shoulder and a voice telling me it was time.  My audience was not going anywhere, but my time was up.  I could have gone on and on talking about Jesus.  Now there have been days when I go out there and the students look at me with blank faces and I talk for about 20 to 30 minutes and then I just quit. When there is no response and no questions it is hard to go on and on.
In Acts 20 we read about Paul going on and on one night in teaching and a young man fell asleep.  Well, if you are going to fall asleep in church, make sure you are sitting between a couple of people who will catch you if you start to fall.  This young man we sitting in the back in a windowsill and fell to his death.  Paul was used by God to restore life to the young man and then Paul went right back to teaching and talked all night.
Have you so encountered Jesus that you can go on and on about HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...