Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Holy Week - Tuesday

Luke 21:37 Each day Jesus was teaching at the temple, and each evening he went out to spend the night on the hill called the Mount of Olives. 

Jesus spent his evenings in the garden praying.  He found a place of peace and quiet.  He found a place of beauty and comfort.  He prayed.  I am looking forward to Spring actually arriving - not the date on the calendar - but the actual days where we can get outside and spend some time out of the house, office, buildings, etc.  I know I could put on warm clothes and spend time outside, but I don't seem to do it and it doesn't seem as enjoyable as warm weather.  Maybe my days living in the Phoenix, Arizona area have spoiled me. 

I have found a garden for myself.  A place to go to and to pray.  To leave the distraction of the day behind and to focus on God.  I can remember a time when I would have been bored after 10 minutes.  Now I find I can spend hours and wish for more time.  

Jesus worked hard at teaching and being with people; and He realized that meant he would need some time to recharge and be with His heavenly Father.  When our physical bodies are run down and we have spent all our energy, we realize we need sleep.  We need to be more aware of our spiritual battery and make sure we spend time in the garden to recharge!

Where is your garden of spiritual rest?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...