Monday, March 25, 2013

Holy Week - Monday

Jesus was being tested and questions by the teachers of the law and the chief priest of Jerusalem.  They even sent spies to hang out with Jesus and ask him tough questions.  "Who gave you this authority?" "Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not?" "Now at the resurrection whose wife will she be, since seven were married to her?" (Luke 20) 

At every answer that Jesus gave his testers where either confused, "We don't know where it was from." 

Or they were angry and wanted Jesus arrested. 

Or they were astonished and became silent. 

Or they agreed with Jesus and dared not ask him any more questions.  

What are the difficult questions you have asked Jesus in your life?  Why did you allow this tragedy? Why did this person have to die? Why do some people have to face cancer?  Why did my parents have to get a divorce?  Why did I loose all my money in what looked like a good investment?  Why do all my friends seem to let me down?  Jesus, are you there?

I have found when I ask Jesus the difficult questions of life, He is willing to answer!  I might not receive all the answers I want to hear, but I always receive answers that astonish me and cause me to be silent before the Lord.  I receive answers from Jesus that give me an insight into God's perspective and I see things more clearly than I did before.  Jesus has the amazing ability to answer our deepest questions and to give us peace.  Usually my biggest issue is - am I willing to stop and listen to Jesus' answer to my difficult questions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...