Monday, October 3, 2011

Don't Look Back

Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.  Philippians 3:13

Growing up, my brother had an huge influence on my musical taste.  One of his favorite bands, and therefore one of mine was the group Boston.  One of their most positive songs was "Don't Look Back".  What good advice from Paul and Boston, for us to keep looking forward!  Keep looking at what God is going to do in our future.  To keep our eyes on the goal of knowing Christ today more completely.  To keep our eyes on the goal of spending today and the rest of our days in Christ!   Can you see the new day dawning?  Can you see the road beyond?

I finally see the dawn arrivin'
I see beyond the road I'm drivin'

It's a bright horizon but I'm awakin'
Oh I see myself in a brand new way
The sun is shinin'
The clouds are breakin'
'Cause I can't lose now, there's no game to play

Don't look back
A new day is breakin'
It's been too long since I felt this way
I don't mind where I get taken
The road is callin'
Today is the day 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...