Monday, October 10, 2011

What are you worth?

There have definitely been times in my life when I believed I was something special.  I was full of pride and I knew I was gifted, talented, and heading towards greatness.  There have been other days when I have wondered if it was even worth it to keeping on living.  I felt useless, untalented, and headed towards complete failure.  It is amazing we can feel those type of extreme emotions about ourselves and our worth.  God longs for us to have a balanced perspective of ourselves and our worth.  Child of the King and sinner in need of God's grace.  When I get down upon myself and focus too much on my faults and failures - I need to read verses like Luke 12:6-7 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.  Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.


I am valued by God.  He knows me and still loves me!  Amazing 

1 comment:

  1. As I am reading through Luke, it's like I am reading most of it for the first time in my life. Such an interesting read right now. Keep the thoughts coming.

    ReplyDelete

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...