Monday, January 30, 2012

Red Tails

Watched the movie "Red Tails" this past weekend.  It was entertaining and deeply moving.  I, unlike another family member, did not even realize the movie was two hours long.  It is a powerful story of the Tuskegee Airmen who were the first black fighter pilots for the United States military.
It reminded me of the prejudice in the world that still needs to be fought against.  We may be better today as a culture, but there is still too much prejudice and discrimination.  If we are not active parts of the solution, we are still part of the problem.
I was impressed the George Lucas was willing to fund the movie completely because he believed it was a story that needed to be told.  I think about what it is in my life that I am willing to risk a great loss for in order to fight for a cause.  What am I willing to put my time and energy towards to see change take place in my world or in my community?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...