Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 5 - Air I Breathe

Job 33:4 For the Spirit of God has made me,
    and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.


I can remember those days in church where we were so bored we use to see who could hold their breath the longest.  Of course the key was to not make too much noise when you finally gave up and took that breath; or we would draw attention to ourselves and get in big time trouble.  You would think college students would be more mature than that... sad reality is I probably participated in that as a grade school kid and a college student.  Church didn't always seem to be as relevant as breathing.   Many times I didn't realize that the God I was there to worship was really my very breathe and without Him I would cease to exist.  

Worship takes on a whole new meaning when I finally realized that God is literally my breath of life and without Him I am completely lost.  When I finally quit trying to figure out everything with my own logic and planning; I finally started trusting God to be God in my life.  Worship finally became something I couldn't wait to be a part of!  I can't wait for Sunday to come and for the Body of Christ to join together and give God praise!  So I don't wait, I worship God today through prayer, singing and God's Word in my life!   I need God everyday!  I can only go so long without the breathe of life, before I get weak and long for air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...