Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 18 - Win the Prize

Philippians 3:14  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

As a kid my goal was to become a NBA Basketball player.  I was one of those kids who was focused on the goal so much that I drove my friends crazy.  I always wanted to play basketball and my friends had other interest.  In the winter I would shovel the snow off the driveway in order to play.  In the summer when my friends wanted to go swimming I would try and convince them to play a game before we went swimming.

God wants us to have that same drive and determination when it comes to our spiritual lives and our goal of following Jesus.  That nothing would get in our way of following Jesus!  Nothing would come before our spiritual training!  That people might even think we are a little bit crazy because following Jesus is our first priority.

Of all the things we pursue in life - family, money, recognition, friendships.  All these things are good and fine when they are not our priority!  Jesus must be the prize we long to obtain and the focus of our best energy and desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...