Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 9 - Heart of Thanks

1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

James 5:7-9 Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near. Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!

I am always amazed at the brains capacity to see the things through the most negative lens possible.  I can easily believe people are against me.  I can easily believe that God is against me.  I can easily believe that my circumstances will continually get worse and worse.  Why does it seem to be so easy to think negatively?  

One aspect of renewing our hearts and minds is that we allow God to help us look at life through a heart of thanksgiving instead of complaining.  It takes me praying - God help me to be thankful for all my blessings or I tend to focus too much on my grumblings.  It is God's will that I learn to give thanks for all my circumstances, not just the ones I like and enjoy.  

Pray that everyday God would help us to be thankful and positive about all God is doing in our lives and in the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...