Tuesday, January 12, 2021

New Start - January 12, 2021

My morning wake up music today was a song by U2 - Beautiful Day.  I love the words - 

It's a beautiful day
Sky falls, you feel like
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away

There are times when the day just feels like it gets away from us.  Like I kept my head down and I did what I was supposed to do.  I accomplished my task for the day, but it seems like the day got away without me really living.  Sometimes I get in such a hurry that I eat so fast I am not sure I enjoyed it.  I rush from one activity to another and I am not sure I was fully engaged with life.  I spend the evening home with family and the television takes my attention the whole evening.  It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away.  

Paul, Silas and Timothy write to the church in Thessalonica and they recognize that the church has been faithful in the midst of persecution.  The church has faced a lot of adversity and people fighting against them but they have kept the faith.  They write this letter to encourage them that God notices their efforts when it seems like no one cares.  They write this letter to remind them that God will have the final word of justice for the world.  They write this letter to remind them that they are praying for them.  

2 Thessalonians 1:11 So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do.

What a great reminder for living this beautiful day that we are called by God!  He has called us to be His own possession and to live a life of purpose.  

What a great reminder for living this beautiful day that we can chose to live a life worthy of our calling.  Our choices today and how we chose to live is important.  Don't let it get away!

What a great reminder for living this beautiful day that God will give us the power to accomplish the good things God prompts us to do today.  If we have a heart to be aware of what the Holy Spirit is prompting us to do today, the Holy Spirit will empower us to accomplish the good God wants us to do.  That sounds to me like a beautiful day!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...