Friday, January 8, 2021

New Start - January 8th

Scripture: Joshua 12-15 

Joshua 14:10-11  “Now, as you can see, the Lord has kept me alive and well as he promised for all these forty-five years since Moses made this promise—even while Israel wandered in the wilderness. Today I am eighty-five years old.  I am as strong now as I was when Moses sent me on that journey, and I can still travel and fight as well as I could then.

Observation: 

Details, details, details... The lands conquered, the lands yet to be conquered and the lands given to each tribe of Israel.  Land titles and ownership is important to us today and so it was important to the Israelites in those days.  

Caleb survived the 45 year wait and is now ready to enjoy the land that was promised to him.  He is 85 and still as healthy and strong as he was when he was 40.  God does reward faithfulness of his people.  Caleb believed that God could give them the land when he first entered the land with the spies.  God promised he would have the land but he was going to have to wait.  Waiting on God or on other people is difficult.  45 years of waiting and wondering through the wilderness because of other people's foolish decisions.  I am amazed at times in the Bible as we read it seems like things happen so quickly but then we realize it took years.  I am amazed at how impatient I am for my situation to change when I want it to change.  45 years waiting for the promise of God.  

Application: 

I believe I blame God a lot for things that are probably more to do with my own level of faith or people's decisions that impact my life.  1000 years is like a day to God and He is very patient.  But God can also do the miraculous and have an 85 year old guy still be as strong as he was when he was 40.  I need to remember that God is faithful and is at work even when I can not seem to have the vision to see what He is up to in my life. 

Prayer: 

Lord, please continue to strengthen my faith in You and in Your timing.  Forgive me when I tend to want what I want in my timing and I am not patient to wait on You. Help me to continue to trust in Your faithfulness and in your plan for the world. Help me to join You in the work of the details of the Kingdom of God. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions

Jesus was in Jerusalem and got into a heated argument with the Pharisees about hand washing. The Pharisees emphasized a ritual of hand washi...